Wednesday, June 15, 2022

* GOD MOMENT: ANOTHER ANGEL

 

It was a terribly hot and humid day many years ago.  Cathy and I had been spending all day searching for a place to move in the Wilmington area.  Long had we wanted to live near the coast and this was our opportunity. 
 
About four or five in the afternoon we were back in the middle of Wilmington near the famous Riverwalk.  We stood hot on the street corner and saw a small store across the street selling cold drinks, so we stepped out to cross.  Cathy had seen it first and she was already several steps ahead of me.
 
As I walked in the crosswalk, I saw a disheveled, dirty man carrying an unkempt bag over his back coming towards me.  He looked tired and down and out, and I just knew he was about to ask me for money.  But I was so tired, so wet from perspiration and the beating down of the August sun all day, and I just didn’t want to stop.  I wanted that cold drink and I walked determinedly right past him.   
 
About two steps past the man, I suddenly had a revelation.  “That was an angel!”
 
I immediately turned around.  He was not there.  No one was in the crosswalk.  He had just vanished.
 
It had been a test.  And I said to myself, “failed that one!”
 
Wonder how many times in life we encounter people God puts in our path that we are there to help, and we just pass them by?  Wonder how many times that person is an angel?  This time, he really was.
 
***********
 
Please email or print and send copies of this to whomever you would.
 

To get copies of our book WAKE UP AMERICA! JESUS IS COMING SOON!:
 
     Order from our ministry by clicking here:  JNMI
 
     Order from Amazon by cicking here: AMAZON
 
Or contact our ministry by calling 910 395 1465. If you are ordering ten or more copies, contact our office directly for a greatly reduced price of $10 per book!  Many give this book to others as part of their efforts to reach them with the truths of the gospel and the truth of Jesus’ imminent return.  Give copies to those you would, to those the Holy Spirit leads you to!
 
                                                                              June 2022
 
                                                                              Copyright © 2022 by John Newlin

KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS!

P O Box 1038, Cary, NC 27512        910 395 1465      https://johnnewlinministries.org

           Email: info@johnnewlinministries.org       Twitter.com/johnnewlinmin     

                                             Blog:  johnnewlin.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment