Monday, September 25, 2017

* GOD MOMENT: I DIDN'T DO THIS!

The wife called with great concern.  Her husband Jack had just been taken to the hospital with a bleeding brain tumor.  He was now in intensive care.
Quickly I went to the hospital, calling Cathy to meet me there. 
Arriving, I found a large number of coworkers of the man standing about.  They could not get into the intensive care.  Jack was in a coma.  His wife came, and I spoke with her a few moments.  Then Cathy arrived and talked with those present.  With all the people about and Jack in a closed off intensive care unit, I wondered a bit about my next step.
I quietly walked away from the group and around the corner, finding a chair where I could be alone.  There I prayed.  I asked God what he wanted me to do here.  It was very clear:  pray for him to be healed. 
So I returned.  Somehow the crowd of coworkers had dissipated.  Cathy alone was there.  We went up to the entrance of the intensive care unit and pressed the red buzzer.  I had even wondered if we would be able to get in at all. 
But instantly a nurse answered and said for us to come in.  She gave us the specific location.
Jack was all alone in his room, lying in a coma.  Cathy went up one side of the bed and I the other.  The air was full of electricity.  It was palpable.  I anointed Jack with oil for healing, and I spoke the healing words as I was led to do.  And I said “Be healed in Jesus name!”
Cathy and I turned and walked to the door of the room.  I glanced back at Jack still lying on the bed, and one arm raised and waved at us!
The next day I telephoned the hospital room and his wife answered.  She was excited.  Jack was sitting up in a chair praising God.  The neurosurgeon had been by, and he had said “I didn’t do this.”
No he didn’t. God did.  All glory to God!
                                                                            Copyright © 2017 by John Newlin

[NOTE:  This article may and should be copied, printed, or forwarded by email to others so long as it is copied, printed, or forwarded in its entirety with appropriate attributions included (including the copyright and the ministry contact information).  It may also be quoted in part as long as appropriate attributions are given.  We in fact encourage you to do all this and to give printed copies to those who you know would benefit and do not have access to computers.]

Keep Your Eyes on Jesus!
P. O. Box 15797, Wilmington, NC 28408       910 395 1465       
www.johnnewlinministries.org
Email: info@johnnewlinministries.org       Twitter.com/johnnewlinmin     
     Blog: johnnewlin.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment