Saturday, July 16, 2016

* ALL I COULD FIND WAS JESUS

                         
I looked over my recent writings to see what I might send out.  I wanted something encouraging, something with hope.  The world needs hope.  Darkness is increasing, and those who handle the communications and who occupy the leadership positions in this current world society are for the most part lost and confused themselves.  The time is ripe for an inspirational leader to arise, is it not?  A false inspirational leader?  An anti-christ?

I wanted to send something into your world, something encouraging.  Something positive. 

All I could find was Jesus.

But that is enough.

“I am never going to lose you, John.”  He said that to me one day years ago after a terrible battle with evil. 

Well, he said that to you too.  Did you read it?  (John 6:39)

He is life and hope.  He is power and authority.   In him you can do all things.  In him you can do the same things he did.  You can do even greater things than those.  You can order the mountains of your life away.

He is always there, wherever you are.  At home where you pray.  In your car.  In another city.  On an airplane over the ocean.  In Africa or Asia or wherever.  I know.  I’ve been there.

Years ago after a very hard time, I was lying on the floor of my apartment crying out to the Lord.  Actually I think I was just exhausted even from doing that.  I was just quiet.  Face down.  And in the still quiet of that room that night came this voice and these words:

“You know how much I love Jesus?  That’s how much I love you.”

That was God the Father speaking.  That was all he said. 

He loves you the same way.  (John 17:23)

Remember, Jesus was there in the beginning.  He is the Word.  He was in the beginning with God.  He is God.  Through him all things were made, and without him nothing has been made that has been made.  In him is life, and the life is the light of man.  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. 

The darkness will never overcome it.

Keep Your Eyes on Jesus!

                                                                                                   (July 2016)
                                                                                 Copyright © 2016 by John Newlin


[NOTE:  This article may and should be copied, printed, or forwarded by email to others so long as it is copied, printed, or forwarded in its entirety with the appropriate attributions included.  We in fact encourage you to do so and especially to give printed copies to those who you know would benefit and do not have access to computers.]

P. O. Box 15797, Wilmington, NC 28408       910 395 1465        
www.johnnewlinministries.org          

Email: info@johnnewlinministries.org       Twitter.com/johnnewlinmin        
Blog:  johnnewlin.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment