Friday, September 23, 2022

* GOD MOMENT - CLEMENT

 

I was in the office many years ago when suddenly there was a knock at the outside door.  I opened the door and there stood a young man about thirty in shorts and flip flops.
 
“What kind of ministry?” the man asked.
 
“Come in and see,” I responded.
 
Once inside we sat down, and he said he was from Africa. 
 
“I’ve been to Africa,” I said.
 
“I’m from Ghana,” he replied.
 
“I’ve been to Ghana,” I said.  I think he was starting to smile.
 
“Accra,” he said.
 
“I’ve been to Accra.”
 
He liked that.  And then he said, “I’m a missionary from Ghana to the United States.”
 
And he said his name was Clement.
 
He talked about Christians in Ghana and divine healing.
 
I said, “we heal people.”
 
He seemed incredulous about that, that anyone in the US did that.  He just couldn’t believe from what he had seen of American churches and Christians that anyone in America healed anyone.  Evidently he had not yet seen any ministry in the US that operated in the gift of healings, in the Holy Spirit.  He certainly had not seen our ministry.
 
And we talked some more.  He even gave his insight on what was wrong in our area, and in his words it was the large protestant denomination that dominated the area and is not spirit filled and does not operate in the Spirit or the gifts.  I understood his point – the issue was the people not knowing the Holy Spirit.
 
I continued to talk about our ministry, our working to fulfill God’s call on my life, healings and such and soon we were warm and friendly.
 
I think we said a prayer together.  He gave me a telephone number where he could be contacted.
 
Then he walked out the door.  I went immediately to the door and looked out, but he was not anywhere to be seen even though there was an open parking area outside our office door.
 
Some months later we were dealing with a large number of young people – mainly middle school age – in Ghana who were following our ministry and had requested CDs and Bibles.  We had been sending them these things.  I had some questions about all this, and I thought of Clement from Ghana.
 
So I called the number he had left.  I left a message on a recording. I asked that whoever received the message get it to Clement, and said that I wanted to see him.
 
A few days went by.  Then a telephone call.
 
“This is Clement,” a deep voice said.  I invited him to the office.
 
The next day the doorbell rang and there he was again, dressed exactly as before.  He came in.  We talked about the young people and their requests, about what was going on with them, about Ghana.  Cathy came by the office and sat in with us.  And then we all held hands and prayed.   The Holy Spirit presence was strong, and Clement had tears in his eyes
 
Then he left again.  As soon as he left, I went to the door and looked out.  Just like before, no one was there.  Nothing as far as I could see.
 
I had one more contact with Clement.  One night at our weekly program Spend an Evening with Jesus, I was speaking to the group when I saw him sitting halfway back.  I was talking and moving down the aisle, maybe praying, and I put my hand on his back.  He smiled.  A few moments later as I talked I noticed he was no longer there.
 
That was the last time I have seen him.  I think you know who Clement was.  Another of God’s messengers sent to encourage us in the role God has called us to and to help us move on.
 
It is an amazing life – and often a challenging one – once you make that decision to follow the Lord at all costs.  But the benefits, the blessings, the peace, the revelations, are all beyond compare.  And the wonders have never stopped.
 
 
 
                                                                         September 2022
 
                                                                         Copyright © 2022 by John Newlin
 
 
Please send copies of this to whomever you wish.
 
 
 
To get copies of our book WAKE UP AMERICA! JESUS IS COMING SOON!:
 
     Order from our ministry by clicking here: JNMI
 
     Order from Amazon by clicking here: AMAZON
 
Or contact our ministry by calling 910 395 1465. If you are ordering ten or more copies, contact our office directly for a greatly reduced price of just $10 per book!  Many give this book to others as part of their attempts to reach them with the truths of the gospel and the truth of Jesus’ imminent return.  Give copies to those you would, to those the Holy Spirit leads you to!

KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS!

P O Box 1038, Cary, NC 27512        910 395 1465      https://johnnewlinministries.org

           Email: info@johnnewlinministries.org       Twitter.com/johnnewlinmin     

                                   Blog:  johnnewlin.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment