Friday, February 9, 2018

GOD'S GREAT FORGIVENESS OF YOU



Yesterday for a moment I thought about my mother.    I don’t know why, but I was just thinking about her and about various things over the years, especially the last several of her life which were hard for her.  And I thought about things I did, decisions I made regarding her care and her life and really all sorts of other decisions and actions over the years.  Some of them I debated at the time.  Some of them perhaps should have been handled otherwise. 

And as I was thinking about things she might not have liked, I said I hope she forgives me.
 
Almost immediately a smile broke out on my face.  Well, how ridiculous, I thought!  Of course she forgives me!  How silly!  My mother?  Of course she forgives me.  There is no question of that.  Of course she would and does.

It was not even an issue.  I know deep inside how much my mother loved me.  And I know that of course she would forgive me for anything.

Aha!  Now then the next thought.  If I can have such absolute certainly about my mother’s forgiveness that it is not even a question, what about God? What about his forgiveness?

It is the same absolute. It is there and real and absolute.  No question.  Jesus paid the price for that.  Realize it.  Take it.  Think about someone who truly loved you, like maybe your mother or father or some other family member or friend, and think about how of course they would forgive you for anything.  Then magnify that forgiveness an infinity of times to get to God’s level of forgiveness of you.

Forgiven.  That’s what you are.  You as a believer in the Lord.  Forgiven.

                                          
                                                                                                                          Copyright © 2018 by John Newlin



[NOTE:  This article may and should be copied, printed, or forwarded by email to others so long as it is copied, printed, or forwarded in its entirety with appropriate attributions included (including the copyright and the ministry contact information).  It may also be quoted in part as long as appropriate attributions are given.]   


(All contributions to John Newlin Ministries, Inc. – whether money or material goods or stocks or bonds – are tax deductible.  John Newlin Ministries, Inc. is a 501 © 3 nonprofit corporation.)

Keep Your Eyes on Jesus!
P. O. Box 15797, Wilmington, NC 28408       910 395 1465        www.johnnewlinministries.org
Email: info@johnnewlinministries.org       Twitter.com/johnnewlinmin       
Blog:  johnnewlin.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment